- Share Your Trip. If you can, it’s best to travel with a friend. But if you are traveling on your own, be sure to share your trip with others. Have a friend or family member track your ride. You can do this through the “Share My ETA” option in most ride share apps.
- Know Your Surroundings. Be sure to track your location and final destination on your phone through your own maps app. This will ensure your driver is using the most efficient route and taking you to the proper destination.
- Ride in the Back. Riding in the backseat provides distance from the driver and allows for the ability to exit the vehicle if an incident occurs.
- Wear Your Seatbelt. Always where your seatbelt, just because you are in the backseat of someone’s car does not mean you’re at less risk of being in an accident.
- Protect Yourself. From simple self-defense moves to carrying a personal safety device like the Pulse or StrikeLight. Be sure you are able to handle any situation that may arise.
Navigating Ride Share Apps
From getting to and from the airport to the annual holiday parties to ring in the New Year, ride share apps have become an essential part of holiday travels. Stay safe this season with these tips.
How to Stay Safe in a Parking Garage
They are a daily necessity for many people, whether at the mall, the workplace or on campus. Follow