Whether you’re attending the work costume party, bringing your kids to their school’s festival, or staying at home and handing out candy – use these tips and make the most of this year’s Halloween. Here are 5 tips for your Halloween adventures this year.
1. Keep Sidewalks and Pathways Clearly Lit – Avoid potential injuries to your ghoulish guests, as well as lighting up those pesky hiding areas. Or make sure you have your TASER StrikeLight on you to brighten up those unlit paths. Plus, you wouldn’t want anyone to miss out on seeing your costume!
2. Arrive with Them, Leave with Them – Nobody wants to go looking for a missing Deadpool in the middle of the party, so keep an eye on your friends. Establish a return time, and communicate if that time needs to change. We also recommend keeping your phone charged so you can stay in touch – and get some spooky selfies!
3. Be Aware – If you go trick-or-treating, remind your kids to not approach an unfamiliar person, even if they are dressed as their favorite superhero. On the same note, do not approach an unfamiliar house, especially if the lights are off – some neighbors do not share the Halloween spirit and are not expecting ghoulish guests!
4. Be Cautious – Every year, Halloween sees a spike in car accidents involving pedestrians – do not become a statistic! Make sure you and your child are looking both ways before crossing the street, and also keep an eye out for vehicles that are backing up (hand-holding recommended but not required).
5. Stay Alert for Suspicious Behavior – Don’t let the spooky distractions get your guard down! We all want our Halloween plans to be as fun and stress-free as possible, but it’s still important to stay cautious. If you see something, say something.
Have a favorite tip you don’t see here? Share it with us on social media!